cat and dog emotional support animal.jpg

If you have a mental health or emotional disability, you can legally qualify for an Emotional Support Animal. To determine if you qualify for an ESA, you can get assessed by a licensed mental health professional. (A diagnosis by a family doctor or any other kind of doctor does not qualify.)

An ESA can be a pet you already own, or an animal that you buy after you receive your letter. Typically ESAs are dogs or cats, but legally, other types of well-behaved animals may qualify. The animal doesn’t have to undergo any special assessment or training. The ESA letter is a prescription for YOU, the human.

Many ordinary people struggling with depression, anxiety, PTSD, ADHD, and other issues qualify. It should be determined that the animal will give you emotional support and help relieve the symptoms of these conditions.

For my process, I'll have you fill out a short assessment, then we’ll follow up with a 30-minute phone or video call. I’ll never charge you unless you qualify.

To learn if you are a good fit for an Emotional Support Animal (ESA), schedule a consultation.